The 4th of July is going to be better than ever with tons of fun events and festive foods in Ridgefield and the surrounding areas.
Saturday, Jul 9, 2022
Gates open at 6 pm! Fireworks start at dusk.
Purchase a parking pass ($20 per car) online here or in person at Town Hall or Fairfield County Bank.
* Only ONE ticket is necessary per car. Parking at the High School, Scotts Ridge Middle School, Barlow Mountain and Scotland Elementary Schools. Shuttle buses will be provided from the Elementary Schools to the High School. Handicap parking is also provided at the high school.
* Please have your printed order confirmation or ticket on your dashboard and ready at the gate. Tickets are needed at the gate whether or not you have a parked car at the high school. Only one ticket is needed per car.
New Canaan Fireworks
Saturday, Jul 2, 2022 at 5:00 pm
677 South Ave
New Canaan, CT 06840
New Milford Fireworks:
The 2022 New Milford Fireworks Celebration will be held on Friday, July 1st with a rain date of Saturday, July 9th. The celebration is organized by the Greater New Milford Chamber of Commerce.
Join us on the Town Green at 6:30 pm for our Opening Ceremony.
Click Here! for additional Fireworks and event schedules!
Recipe and c/o from South Orange County Moms Network.
Fourth of July is right around the corner. I know it’s not going to look or feel the same this year But that doesn’t mean that you and your family can’t enjoy some festive treats. This year take your popcorn up a notch and jazz them up with some chocolate, festive sprinkles and M&M’s! Only a few steps involved and I promise the whole family will enjoy this Patriotic Popcorn!
- White popcorn
- Red Chocolate melt chips
- Festive Sprinkles
- Mini M&Ms
- Microwave the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl for 30 seconds. Stir the mixture and then microwave the chips for another 30 seconds.
- Stir the chocolate until smooth.
- Lay the popcorn out evenly on a cookie tray.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate all over the popcorn.
- Immediately sprinkle the festive sprinkles and M&M’s into the wet chocolate
- Let the popcorn set for 30 minutes and then enjoy.
Sparkling Sweet Tea Sangria for Summer!
Cheers to Summer!
We love a good Sangria in the warmer weather, and depending on the setting or food pairing, have served it in white, red or rose varieties. This Sparkling Sweet Tea Sangria from The BakerMama is not only refreshing, but decorated with a patriotic, festive kabob—making it perfect for Memorial Day, the 4th of July or Labor Day.
Berry Caprese Salad!
Summer is synonymous with salad, and now salad is synonymous with Kathleen Ashmore, Tik Tok Star and Local Moms Network Food Contributor. Her “Hungry Lady Salad” series is turning even salad skeptics into believers, and this Berry Caprese Salad is her latest creation for summer.
- 4 cups strawberries halved
- 4 cups fresh blackberries
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella balls
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 small shallot sliced
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice from 1 lime
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- Small handful of mint leaves chopped
- Prepared Balsamic glaze to serve (optional)
1. In a large bowl, dress arugula with juice from ½ of the lime, and ¼ tsp salt and 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
2. Lay dressed arugula on a large, shallow serving platter.
3. Top with berries, mozzarella, and scatter the fresh mint over top.
4. Finish with ¼ tsp salt, juice from the other half of the lime, and balsamic glaze if using.