If entertaining friends and family is on your summer bucket list, we suggest you utilize the pros that do this year after year at Palmer’s in Darien. They have everything you need, including handmade burgers, gourmet sides and easy appetizers like their housemade potato chips with truffle parm dip (side note: if you haven’t tried it yet, finish reading this and go do it—it’s addictive).
Try the recipe for Palmer’s Roasted Corn Salad, below.
ROASTED CORN SALAD
with Manchego and Lime
- 6 ears of sweet yellow corn, unhusked
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) unsalted butter
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 jalapeño, seeded, finely diced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
- 1 cup finely grated Manchego cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced chives
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lime zest
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Roast unhusked corn on a baking sheet, turning occasionally, until heated through and crisp-tender, about 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Shuck corn and cut kernels from cobs. Discard cobs.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Add corn kernels and sauté until heated through and light-golden in spots, 3–5 minutes. Add butter; stir until melted.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer corn to a large wide bowl or deep platter; sprinkle jalapeño and crushed red pepper flakes over.
- Squeeze lime wedges over; sprinkle with cheese, chives, and lime zest.
Recipe Sourced from Jean-Georges Vongerichten and Dan Kluger via Bon Appetit