For more recipes from The Local Moms Network, go to https://thelocalmomsnetwork.com/articles/recipes/.
Cauliflower Alfredo Pasta
1 small to medium cauliflower, cut into 2-3 inch pieces
½ cup parmesan, grated, plus additional for serving
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
¼ teaspoon Dijon mustard
¼ cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
Zest and juice from 1 lemon
1 package of linguine or fettuccine, I use Banza or Jovial Foods chickpea and brown rice pasta
Freshly ground black pepper
Fresh parsley, chopped, for serving
- Bring a large pot of well salted water to a boil.
- Add the cauliflower and boil until the cauliflower is easily pierced with a fork, about ten minutes.
- Drain cauliflower in a colander and add to the blender.
- Meanwhile, boil your pasta in a separate large pot of well salted water according to package directions. Drain pasta in the same colander and reserve at least 2 cups of the pasta water.
- Place the cauliflower in a high powered blender or food processor and add the parmesan, butter, olive oil, mustard, garlic, zest and juice, 1 teaspoon salt, and several grinds of pepper.
- Blend to combine for about 20 seconds.
- Add some of the pasta water, ½ cup at a time, and blend until the sauce is very creamy and the consistency is to your liking. I usually use between 1-1 ½ cups of water. Taste and add salt if needed.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the alfredo sauce and top with extra parmesan, chopped parsley, and cracked pepper. Enjoy!