We are super excited for Cinco de Mayo…any excuse to eat yummy Mexican inspired food & drink a Marg, count us in!
As we all know, the kiddos aren’t as easy to please at times as we are. So, we asked fellow Ridgefield Mom, Stephanie Labrusciano, who is a registered Dietitian-Nutritionist and the founder of Well Rounded Eats for a kid-approved Cinco de Mayo recipe!
Stephanie offers personalized, one-on-one nutrition counseling and lifestyle plans, virtually, by phone or in person. Her areas of speciality include weight and diabetes management, hormone balancing, general wellness and pre and postnatal nutrition.
Through her integrative nutrition approach, Stephanie helps each client discover their “perfect” lifestyle – where optimal health and quality of life intersect. Her motto: ‘You can love the way you feel and the food you eat at the same time!’
Visit her website at wellroundedeats.net or email directly at [email protected].
- 12 small corn or flour tortillas
- 1 lb shredded chicken or diced steak (can easily omit if vegetarian)
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup corn
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- Handful baby spinach, finely chopped
- 1-2 cups salsa of choice
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and spray muffin pan
- While oven is preheating in a large bowl combine shredded chicken or steak, black beans, corn, diced peppers, spinach and salsa
- Insert tortillas into each muffin cup and fill with the mixture
- Bake for 15-20 minutes
- After 15 minutes or so remove from oven and top with shredded cheese
- Put back into the oven for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted
- Enjoy on their own or a side of guacamole and rice!